The Schladming-Dachstein region offers a total of 230 km of superbly-groomed slopes, 85 gondolas and chair-lifts and a variety of difficulty-ratings for your ski holiday in the Ski Amadé network. And if you enjoy skiing directly from one mountain to the other, the so-called “Schladming Four-Mountain Ski-Saw” (which comprises the Hauser Kaibling, Planai, Hochwurzen and Reiteralm areas) makes this possible without interruption. Special mention must also be made of the family-skiing offer from the Fageralm, Ramsau, Galsterberg, Stoderzinken areas, as well as from the Schneebärenland (“Snow-Bear-Land”) which includes Riesneralm and Planneralm.
From our front door directly onto the cross-country trail
Ramsau am Dachstein is the premier location for cross-country skiing in Austria, and from the Astlhof, you can hop right onto the trail, site of the 1999 the Nordic World Championships. The 220-km Ramsau am Dachstein trail network offers the very best conditions for weekend skiers as well as top athletes. A highlight is the nighttime-trail located in the cross-country arena in Ramsau, which is illuminated daily until 9:00 p.m. Another service is the children’s cross-country park, which gently introduces even the very youngest to the sport of cross-country skiing.
- 150 km of traditional cross-country trails and 70 km of skating- and sports trails, all part of the overall trail-map
- 13 circuit-trails
- Different degrees of difficulty, lengths (up to 30 km) and altitude (plateau and Dachstein glacier-trails)
- Illuminated nighttime-trail in the arena (2.5 km, daily 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.)
- Children’s cross-country park
- 80 snack-stops and cabins along the trails
- Top-rated cross-country schools
- Snowmaking facilities
- Awarded the Styrian cross-country seal of approval
Fun and games is the key to success for happy children
- Ski kindergarten (ski and snowboard)
- Trained instructors for children
- Lunchtime supervision
- Children’s ski races
- Numerous toboggan runs
- Special ski lifts for small children
- Kinderland (“Kiddy-Land”)
- Sleigh rides
- Wintertime horseback riding
Note: There is no street traffic directly in front of our inn (access road only).